Thanks to HubSpot for this awesome post!
Working for an email marketing company, you see your fair share of mobile-responsive templates. Most emails nowadays are (that is, if the email is viewed on a mobile device, the email is optimised for the smaller screen size), but not always.
It can be quite frustrating when you get an email which hasn’t been designed as a mobile responsive template and you’re having to squint (or worse, zoom in) to see the content. More often than not, I’ll hit delete before I click on a link.
If you’ve yet to jump on the mobile-optimisation bandwagon, this is a must read. Here are 15 reasons why your emails should be mobile responsive:
- 74% of smartphone owners use their devices to check their email.
- Mobile now makes up the majority of email opens at 51%.
- 68% of Gmail and Yahoo opens are coming from mobile devices.
- By the end of 2018, worldwide mobile email users are expected to total over 2.2 billion. By this time, 80% of email users are expected to access their email accounts via a mobile device.
- Only 11.8% of newsletters use responsive design techniques to optimize their layouts for mobile devices.
- 24% of companies aren’t optimizing their email creative for mobile viewers in any way.
- 39% of marketers have no strategy for mobile email.
- Over 95% of emails are only opened on one device. Very few users open emails on mobile first and save for desktop later.
- 70% of consumers delete emails immediately that don’t render well on a mobile device.
- 56% of shoppers are likely to make a purchase via a mobile app in the next year.
- 69% of shoppers are influenced to make a purchase on mobile by company emails.
- 90% of consumers who have joined mobile loyalty programs feel they have gained value from them.
- Special offers (27%), vouchers (21%), and real-time tracking (21%) are most preferred email types to receive on mobile.
- Nearly two-thirds of consumers subscribed to mobile marketing indicate that they have made a purchase as a result of receiving a highly relevant mobile message.
- Mobile offers are redeemed 10X more frequently than print offers.
Do you have any tips for creating beautiful mobile-optimsed emails? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!